Interview Eric Mun – Eric invites fans to attend the ‘2011 Eric Fan meeting – Hello Again in Bangkok’
Eric Mun held a press conference on 20 May, 2011 at 2nd floor Eden Zone Central World. The following is a the interview script:
1. You were sick before coming to Thailand. How are you now?
Eric: I had a fever before coming because of changes in the weather. I’m better now.
2. You just came out of military service. What did you think you received (besides having very nice pecs and muscles).
Eric: During my two years of military service I accumulated fat! My weight peaked at almost 100 kg. After coming out of service I went on a exercise regime burning calories by cycling. I think military service instills more discipline in me.
3. So how much do you weigh now?
Eric: Around 70 kg.
4. What’s your secret in weight lost?
Eric: Exercise by cycling
5. Members of Shinhwa have now become producers. Are you doing that as well?
Eric: Yes, I’m now producing an all-girl group named Stellar. The music style is electronic pop and we have Lee Hyori who also helped composed songs for us too. It should be interesting.
6. Your friends are also coming out with solo albums. Will you be doing that as well?
Eric: As mentioned before, I intended too and am now focusing on that.
7. How do you take care of Shinhwa members since you’re the leader of the group? And who do you take care in particular?
Eric: (fans shouting out Shin Hye Sung) Hye Sung. In the early days of Shinhwa, fans usually think that I’m not that close to Hye Sung but we’re actually pretty tight. We also live near each other.
Oh, so Eric sees members at their houses as well?
Eric: Only Hye Sung (drawing a gaggle of screams from fans)
8. What’s the secret that has made Shinhwa so beloved by fans for over 13 years?
Eric: I think it’s because we have been together for so long. We’ve been through a lot together and it feels more like a family. We’re all brothers.
9. How are the members in Shinhwa doing? Can you give us an update?
Eric: Andy is in the military. Junjin and Minwoo are preparing for their solo albums. Hye Sung as well and just received his digital single. Dongwan is going to star in a musical.
10. When is Shinhwa’s reunion going to be?
Eric: In our last concert (10th year anniversary) we promised our fans that we’ll come back. We will have an album and concerts when all members finished their military service. It should be sometime next year.
11. How many times have you been to Thailand? And is each time different?
Eric: This is my third time. The first time was with SM and I wasn’t accustomed to Thai food then. I appreciated Thai food in my second trip and now even in Korea I like to eat at Thai restaurants.
12. What was your dining experience last night?
Eric: I feel like there are more skyscrapers and highrises around. There wasn’t so much traffic as well. Yesterday there was so much traffic so I decided to walk to the restaurant. When we finished it only took a few minutes to go back to the hotel!
13. Where there lots of screaming fans as you’re walking on the streets?
Eric: Fans were already waiting at the restaurant
14. Do you like Thai girls?
15. Do you think Thai girls are pretty?
Eric: Thai women have charming smiles. I think it’s a major characteristic.
16. Any plans on marriage?
Eric: I used to say that I would get married when I’m 35 years old. But now after military service, I have lots of work plans and want to delay marriage.
17. Why do you think fans love you?
Eric: I think I’m loved by fans because I am a member of Shinhwa. The fans and Shinhwa have a long and caring history together.
18. Can you tell us a little bit about the meeting tomorrow? Any surprises?
Eric: I want to spend as much time as possible close to my fans. There will be games and we have a performance by a member of Stellar.
19. How does feel to have all these fan support?
Eric: It’s always heartwarming to come back (to Thailand). Thai fans also go to our concerts in Korea and Japan.
20. Do you have a message for your fans?
Eric: Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I apologize for not coming sooner and I hope to see you all there tomorrow. Shinhwa will be back next year!
The following is an interview during the special press conference at 8th floor Central World
1. You haven’t been back to Thailand for so long. How do you feel?
Eric: I still feel the love and support that fans have given me. They are always welcoming and even received me since arrival at the airport.
2. Do you know that your fans in Thailand call you ‘Big Daddy’?
Eric: (laughs) Thank you very much. Actually, in the band I’m usually not the big daddy and sometimes I’m the baby (maknae).
3. What have you prepared for the fan meeting tomorrow?
Eric: I haven’t seen my fanclub in such a long time. I want to be as close to them as possible.
There will be games, questions and answers and singing as well.
4. Did you have a lot of adjustments in playing Poseidon after haven’t been in a drama for a long time?
Eric: I haven’t been in a drama for a long time so I needed more practice and getting familiarized with the actors.
5. In all your various dramas, which character did you think is most similar to you?
Eric: In many characters, I tried to draw out my personalities to match that of characters. As such,
I’m a little like all the characters I portrayed. I enjoyed Strongest Chil Woo most because I’m also a jokester like him.
6. Any character you would like to play?
Eric: I wanted to play an assassin. I played that role before. It was pretty difficult but also most charming and mysterious.
7. There’s news that Eric will start up a Shinhwa Company. Is that true?
Eric: It’s a future plan. We wanted to start up a company to produce our music.
8. When you’re feeling a bit depressed or uneasy, which Shinhwa member do you turn to?
Eric: No one in particular. It depends on the circumstances but most recently I turned to Junjin.
9. Will when you launch your solo album?
Eric: I’ve promised that a long time ago and finally it should be this year.
10. Did you have any advice for Teen Top when you’re working with them?
Eric: No, nothing in particular. I feel like Teen Top is similar to Shinhwa when we first started. They have fighting spirit and energy.
11. How do you maintain your looks?
Eric: Compared to singers my age I might look okay but within the members we’re still young at heart. I think that’s why it keeps me young.
12. If you saw fan that is depressed, what would you do?
Eric: Give her Andy’s mobile number. Andy can make anyone happy.
13. How do you see yourself 10 years from now?
Eric: I’m not sure what I’ll be. But I’ll definitely still be a member of Shinhwa.
14. If you were to recommend a tourist destination in Korea, where would it be?
Eric: Andy’s house. He’s a great entertainer.
15. Do you have any message for the Shinhwa Changjo fans?
Eric: Thank you for standing by us throughout the years. Shinhwa wouldn’t be here today without Shinhwa Changjo. We say that members don’t fight among each other and we hope our fans love each other too.